|Thank you for donating!
Donations keep our mission
of helping others alive!
|Your donations are tax deductible! Dose of Music is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity, Tax ID: 27-1239627.
Donations accepted through "Donate" button on this website or payable to "Dose of Music" at:
Dose of Music, 8809 Oak Street, Riverview, FL 33578
|Derrick has fifteen years of public accounting experience, most of which has been in business and
individual income taxation. He also spent two years in financial planning and two years in private
accounting. Derrick holds three licenses - Attorney, Certified Public Accountant, and Certified
Financial Planner. He concentrates his practice in the areas of family-owned and closely-held
businesses and their owners in the professional services, manufacturing and construction industries.
Areas of Practice
• Business Consulting
• Business and Individual Income Taxation
• Income Tax Planning
• Estate Tax Planning
Honors and Activities
• Derrick was a recipient of the Royal A. Stone Scholarship at the University of Minnesota Law
School and made the Dean's List all three years that he attended school there. He was also involved
in International Moot Court, Federal Tax Clinic, and received an award for performing over 50 hours of
volunteer work during his law school career. He graduated with Honors from St. Cloud State
University. He was involved in the accounting club and Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity while he attended
• Derrick attended graduate school at The College of William and Mary from 1998-99 in their
Masters of Public Policy program. He received a Thomas Jefferson Fellowship and a full scholarship
to study there.
• Derrick is currently an Adjunct Professor for the Financial Planning Certificate Program at
Minnesota State University - Mankato. He teaches income tax planning.
• Derrick currently serves as Chairman of the Consumer Protection Committee within the Probate
& Trust Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. He has served on several committees of the
MN CPA Society and the Financial Planning Association of MN. He has also performed volunteer
work through the MN CPA Society and the Basilica of St. Mary.
• Derrick is currently a member of the P4 Chapter of Business Networking International (BNI) in
• Derrick enjoys participating in marathons, reading and spending time with his Labrador Retriever
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
• American Bar Association
• Minnesota State Bar Association
• Hennepin County Bar Association
• St. Cloud State University, B.S. Accounting, Magna Cum Laude (1993)
• College for Financial Planning, CFP Certificate (1996)
• University of Minnesota, Juris Doctorate (2002)